Friday, October 15, 2010

Halloween Abuse

It's that time of year again, when the spooky lights are lit up in the yard, the pumpkin flavored coffee is being drank by the humans, and the big giant tub of halloween candy is filled!
I thought that after 3 years of abuse, I would take matters into my own paws!


Abuse #1- Halloween 2007.....Mom you can't be serious, do I look like a pumpkin? No, of course not, I am a PUGGLE not a pumpkin! Geez....



Abuse #2- Halloween 2008....NOT a happy camper about this one! A skunk.....that's right, "Mommy's little stinker"....that's all I had to hear all night! Horrendous!

Abuse #3- Halloween 2009....SHARK ATTACK! Oh wait, again, I'm a puggle not a shark.

So this year, I decided to take matters into my own paws.
While Mommy was at work, and Daddy was running an errand, Ebby and I sniffed our way over to the giant tub of candy that was up on a table out of my reach. (But not out of Ebby's reach! BOL) See, she IS good for something! She jumped up and dumped the bowl onto the floor and me and her helped ourselves to some treats! Of course Mommy and Daddy don't think this is one bit funny!! I however, thoroughly enjoyed several packs of Starburst chewies which I think are still stuck in my teethers BOL! And yes, before you ask, we DID get into some chocolate too...so the humans are monitoring us like crazy now!
AND this is the best part......I have been dieting and doing extra walkies for the last 2 weeks because I have to get weighed in tomorrow at the vet! BOL BOL BOL! Guess I blew that one!

17 comments:

Minnie and Mack said...

You two are so funny----hope your tummies withstand the candy attack!
Your past costumes are great! Mack is going to be the same shark! But hu-mom added some "little touches" to it. We'll see. Sounds like your house is ready for trick or treat. Hu-mom won't buy the candy until Oct 30. She doesn't want it around so she'll be tempted! Ha ha ha. (good luck at your weigh in)

Drools and licks,

Minnie and Mack

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! woof! How Cute. Love the Shark costume. I have a preview of my Halloween costume on my blog today ... check it out. Good luck on your vet visit.

3 doxies said...

Poor Bruschi, I feels your pain! Furs da life of me I don't understand dis whole dressing up as other animals and lawd forbid...VEGESTABLES!
But my mum is over heres ooooing and aaaaahing.
Caaaaaaaandy...I hopes you savesd me some...buty I hope you don't gets da sickies.

Puddles

Corbin said...

Hehe, this is my first Halloween with my mom and dad... we'll see how this goes!
-Corbin

Two French Bulldogs said...

It is totally child abuse but you look like an adorable tortured kid
Benny & Lily

Anonymous said...

Bruschi, you gotta just bark NO!

K9 Katastrophie said...

Awwwww.. You know mommy's first child, a Boston Terrier, had that smae pumpkin costume? she looked like a Pumpkin!!!

Licks,
Ruthie

Pee.s. Thanks for bring back good Memories!

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Bruschi,

Last year wuz my furst Halloweens and my mom didn't makes me wear a costume, but who knows what she is thinkin' dis year....

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

PeeS I thinks you looks cute in all of your costumes. :)

Remington said...

They are all really nice! You look great, my friend!

Oliver Tate said...

jack just read your blog and he is very jealous he didnt get to eat all that candy too! he loves the food. Now mommy is going to put the candy in the cabinet so we dont get any bright ideas. Hope your tummies dont feel yucky!

<3
oliver and jack

Doxie Rod said...

great idea, bruschi! although, you did look great in all those other costumes! hopefully you got out of it this year :)

Puggle Preston said...

oh tell me about the halloween costumes...I hate this time of the year...but think pumpkin pies, think pumpkin pies...

Can you send Ebby over to my house?
wags,
Preston

Noah said...

This is my first halloween, I hope I don't have to go thru what you have!!

CoCo said...

Hi Bruschi!

Your Pumpkin costume looks adorable....according to my Mama. I on the other paw, think its ridiculous! My Mama has been way too busy to even think about a costume for me this year....maybe I'll luck out and not have to wear one. Although, I accidentally heard Daddy tell Mama on the phone that I would need a size "large." Who knows what that will mean. Again, I don't much like this holiday either.

Great job on Ebby's part in getting extra treats. I'm sure it gave your pawrents and extra scare!...appropriate for the howliday I guess!

Hugs,
CoCo

Maddy and Owen said...

Way to go Ebby getting the motherload! Hope your tummy's were ok after that sugary feast. Mommy loves your costumes, but Owen and I are happy that we don't have full out costumes like that. We would not go trick or treating with our human cousins if we had to wear pumpkins or skunks-although, Mommy did try and make us bananas-luckily they didn't fit right ;)
Wags,
Maddy and Owen

Bijou said...

So you're gonna be a Lil Piggy this Halloween? BOL

We are glad you didn't get sick eating all those sweets.

Waggles,
Bijou

Ariel said...

OMD! I love candy! I am going to have to get some tips from Ebby on getting into the Trick-or-Treat bowl. BOL! You are so cute in your costumes. I love them all! <3
Well have a Great Howl-o-ween to you and Ebby and the humans too!
Lick and Wags, Ariel <3